We get a lot of questions about the kayaking gear we use. We get stopped all the time at gas stations or at the boat ramps where the conversation is about our kayaking gear. We’ve been kayaking for about 4 years and are on our second set of kayaks. We’ve used various gear over the past few years and we finally feel we have reached our perfect setup. I’m going to give you a list of the items that we use every time we go out.
1. Jackson Big Tuna Kayaks – we own two, and highly recommend them
2. Bending Branches Angler Pro paddle 240 cm (Troy)
3. Aqua-Bound Manta Ray Hybrid paddle 240 cm (me)
4. Yeti 35 qt cooler filled with drinks, snacks, and lunch (it rides with me, while Canyon rides with Troy). This cooler does an amazing job at keeping items cold for several days. We also use several Artic Ice packs instead of regular ice to keep items very cold.
5. Fishing gear – 4 fishing poles and a gear bag, sometimes live bait
6. PDFs (personal floatation devices) – we wear these no matter how shallow or deep the water is
7. First Aid Kit
If you have any questions or comments about any of the kayaking gear we use, drop us a note and we will be glad to talk kayaking with you!